Follow Astrofriend

Travel News

Advertisement / Annons:

My travel in Sweden:
From Stockholm to Mariestad and back

Findings along the roads to Mariestad Star Party

Page:

By car from Stockholm to Mariestad and back:

Go by car across Sweden can be very boring if driving along the highways, no where to stop if you see something interesting and you normally don't see any interesting things along these big fast roads.

If fast driving is the only way for you to travel this is not interesting for you.

When I plan my route I normally want to see something new that I don't know about. One easy way to find those places is to set the GPS for the shortest way, not the fastest. Then it will guide you into very small and normally old roads. It's here you find the nice and interesting places you normally missing when driving along the fast highroads.

By car from Stockholm to Mariefred and back 2018

When driving through Skaraborg this was something I found, Amundtorp, an old grave yard, maybe 1500 years old. You see the stones to the left of the house on top of the hill. I must find a way up to them.

On the right side of the house there is stairs up to the hill. But what ... there are dangerous man eating cows across the path. I take it the next time I'm visiting this place!

Here is more information about Amundtorp:

A nice resting place with a view above the Lake Hornborga.

Here is more information about Lake Hornborga, Wikipedia:

River Hornborga.

Melltorp gård hydro power plant.

The wooden pipe to the right is where the water flows down to the hydro power plant.

The power plant with its electric generator. Behind the tree you maybe see the black wooden water pipe that connect to the building and its turbine.

Advertisement / Annons:

One of the purpose with this travel was to find things that are related to my relatives. This building was once a big factory, Schackel fabriken, what is important with that? My father maybe was working here as a blacksmith in the 1930s, just before he went out to the sea and more adventures during the second war.

Another factory, Necks in Nossebro. My father and his brother worked here as blacksmiths, also in the 1930s. Once a big factory with more then 300 employees.

Big Massey hammer from the Necks factory above.

This is something similar, but the hammer above was not driven by steam, or? Wikipedia:

Old railway station in Nossebro, there are part of the railway and a wagon here too.

Bäcka Stenar, Bäcka Rocks.

Judge ring or stone circle, more then two thousand years old.

Ancient hole roads or furrow roads.

Old road that linked Lödöse with the bishop's seat in Skara. Hundreds or even thousands of years walking along this roads has formed these tracks.

The END

Just my ideas to have an interesting and nice day.

Lars

Go Back to content

Go Back

Advertisement / Annons: